Hector,

You can do it all in one script, and for the best explanation go to
http://www.thickbook.com and check out the tutorials. I believe you want
the one which deals with custom error messages.

You can find similar examples on DevShed and Weberdev.

Essentially your script is divided into two halves. All logic is embedded
in the top half, display is in the bottom half, with what is displayed
conditional on the results of the logic.

Miles