Not sure if this is really the right list to ask on, so please excuse me.

I am trying to use the adodb db class with php4/mysql. On problem i have hit
is that if i retrieve 2 tables with a join and the 2 tables both have a
field of the same name, the command

$result->fields("fieldname") always returns the value of the second field of
that name.

i could loop through the fields via index, then use fetchfield() to retrieve
the name, but generically, I would also like to retrieve the table that the
field is attached to. Does anyone know of a way to do this or a command that
has this option?

Thanks

Mark