Quoting from http://www.mysql.com/doc/S/E/SET.html

   Normally, you perform a SELECT on a SET column using the
   LIKE operator or the FIND_IN_SET() function:

   mysql> SELECT * FROM tbl_name WHERE set_col LIKE '%value%';
   mysql> SELECT * FROM tbl_name WHERE FIND_IN_SET('value',set_col)>0;

   But the following will also work:

   mysql> SELECT * FROM tbl_name WHERE set_col = 'val1,val2';
   mysql> SELECT * FROM tbl_name WHERE set_col & 1;

   The first of these statements looks for an exact match. The
   second looks for values containing the first set member.

---
Mark Roedel           | "The most overlooked advantage to owning a
Systems Programmer    |  computer is that if they foul up there's no
LeTourneau University |  law against whacking them around a little."
Longview, Texas, USA  |                          -- Owen Porterfield