Adam,

Configure PHP --with-iodbc as per the HOWTO on www.iodbc.org.
Get yourself an ODBC driver, and install it on the Linux box.
If you want to use ours, OpenLink's Multi-Tier driver is a free download
with a 2-user license that does not expire.
Get the MT driver components from our site, select the driver bits with your
Linux box selected as client, and your Win box as server.

Free support is available at http://www.openlinksw.com/support/suppindx.htm
if you run into problems.

Best regards,
Andrew Hill
Director of Technology Evangelism
OpenLink Software  http://www.openlinksw.com
Universal Data Access & Data Integration Technology Providers