If you want to use ODBC, compile PHP --with-iodbc as per the HOWTO at, and then install the Multi-Tier drivers from  Follow the "Product Availability" link there to obtain
the correct components.

If you require assistance, free support is available at

Best regards,
Andrew Hill
Director of Technology Evangelism
OpenLink Software
Universal Data Access & Data Integration Technology Providers