From: Beau Lebens [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 08 August 2001 08:28
To: Dave Watkinson; PHP-DB List (E-mail)
Subject: RE: [PHP-DB] Error checking and escaping before running a query
(MySQL)

Dave,
sounds like you are on the right track, but rather than use the
comparatively bulky regular expression engine, why not just the
light-weight
string function

str_replace( ",", " ", $searchbox );

(see "String Functions" in the manual)

and you should be able to do

str_replace( "\"", " ", $searchbox );

without violating any holy regex laws :)