> I have a cron job that runs on a Unix server that runs a PHP file that
> gets a number from a Web site and inserts it into the database.
> Jeff Oien

Oh nuts! I thought there may be some way for a script to tell itself to
re-run over X-period of time or even have some kind of stored procedure
for MySQL like Oracle..

Oh well.
Cheers anyway!

Russ

On Wed, 15 Aug 2001 11:50:43 -0500 Jeff Oien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > I'm real sorry to say I don't know the answer to your question unless
> > there's a php function to get an average (or write one yourself) but
> > you say you've managed to get a script/process to run in conjunction
> > with your database every half an hour...how do you do this!? I've
> been > wanting something like this for months.
> > > Cheers (and apologies!)
> > Russ
>
> I have a cron job that runs on a Unix server that runs a PHP file that
> gets a number from a Web site and inserts it into the database.
> Jeff Oien

  "Believe nothing - consider everything"

  Russ Michell
  Anglia Polytechnic University Webteam