Im getting a permission denied when I try to mkdir. What I can deduce is
that PHP is running under the user nobody through apache. I need to be able
to add the web root to the directories that user nobody can use.

There is a default line in the httpd.conf that has AllowOveride set to None.
If I change this to AllowOverride to All, will that fix the problem? Is that
recommended?

Thanks.Cody->End();