I have found Richard Heyes's template class to be very useful for
this sort of thing--he includes functions to parse code surrounded by
<LOOP></LOOP> tags for an entire MySQL result set.  Very handy if you
prefer to separate code and layout.  (If anyone is interested, I
wrote a function that extends his class to allow the templating of
summary rows as well as individual data rows--both subtotals and
totals for a given field or fields--all specified in your HTML
template separate from the PHP code.)

Yours,

Andy