From: Trevor Lanyon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2001 1:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP-DB] Accessing fields with the same name in MySQL

tbl_job
-------
id
name_id
job

tbl_name
--------
id
first
last

SQL
---
select * from tbl_name, tbl_job where tbl_name.id = tbl_job.name_id;

I use mysql_fetch_object to retrieve a row from the above result set.  I
have two objects, objName and objJob.  The constructor for both objects
accept a result object.  How do I reference what table the "id" column came
from.  These objects are generic so aliasing is not an option.

So how to I differentiate what table each column comes from?

Trevor Lanyon
ClearOption Technologies
204.889.1906 - Office
204.831.7243 - Fax