I think I understand your question.  If I do, the answer is:

use PHP :-)

Seriously though, that's what PHP is all about.  Anywhere in your HTML code,
if you need to programatically set something, put your <? tag, your PHP
code, then ?> to close it out.

Example:

<input type="hidden" name="league_id" value="<?php echo $league_id;?>">

This sets the field called league_id to the variable league_id.  If
$league_id was equal to 10, the HTML code you would see when you viewed the
source is:

<input type="hidden" name="league_id" value="10">

HTH

Joe