still, you have to make a way for your website to store the preferences
of each user/web visitor, right?

you can save the info in text file, somewhere not in the WEB DOCS path.
that way, hackers cant break your webserver and browse outside the
normal web pages path.  (hacker can break into the machine itself and
peek around, but that's a diff subject)

so now that that preferences are saved, all the user have to do is log
in and when the web page is generated for them, the variables for the
color settings, etc. is set.

now, like what rick e. said, this will take hour(s) of coding.  i cant
even begin to give psuedo-code.

1.  login
2.  once logged in, setup script will read settings from somewhere,
either a simple teext file or a database.
3.  set web page color tags, images, etc. in variables.
4.  generate HTML page from php scripts using said variables from #3
5.  user is happy... you make millions... ;-)

--
Leo G. Divinagracia III
[EMAIL PROTECTED]