I apologize if this is a redundant post. I did do a search and could not
find the answer.

I'm swimming in ignorance as I build a website for a friend. The hosting
service says they support MS Access and PHP. However, they are telling me
that in order for PHP to get to that database, I would also need MySQL,
which they do not have and have no plans to install.

Is this accrate?

Can PHP not get to the Access database directly?