You shouldn't need to install MySQL to use MS Access. Seems like they are
giving you excuses to avoid any extra work on their part. I would suggest
you switch web-hosting companies if they are behaving this way.

Hostpro.com is one that supports PHP and Access.

PS: I am not affiliated to hostpro in any way accept as a satisfied
customer.

Regards, John