Hi,
 I am trying to write a function that will:

 - take a list of mysql tables as an array ($sqltables)
 - take a unique row identifier common to all tables ($rid)
 - iterate through the $sqltables array and fetch the row for each table
where rid = $rid
 - discover the names of the fields in each table and do
session_register for all of them
 - set the value of each session_registered variable to the row contents
for that $rid
 - go to the next table and do it again, until all tables have been
queried and all variables have been discovered and populated

 I just need some help. Here is what I have written from the top of my
head:

Thanks in advance,
Mike

PS: please reply to my address personaly also!

<?php

function load_all($rid) {

    // this is a list of sql tables stored in an array that we will
iterate through
    // and use to populate session variables

    include("/usr/local/apache/htdocs/survey/inc/sqltables.inc");

    for($Index=0;$Index<count($sqltables);$Index++) {

        // select the database for usage

        mysql_select_db($db2, $competency_link);

        // query the table for the row containing $rid
        $sql_query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM $sqltables[$Index] WHERE
rid = $rid");
        $result = mysql_query($sql_query);

        // fetch the row
        $myrow = msyql_fetch_array($result);

        // return the values of each fieldname as variables with same
name

        // count the fields in the row
        $num_fields = mysql_num_fields($myrow);

        for($fieldindex=0;$index<count($num_fields);$fieldindex++) {

            // return the field names
            $fieldname = mysql_field_name($num_fields[$fieldindex]);

            // return the values of each fieldname as variables with
same name
            session_register('fieldname');

?>