If you are running windows, I suggest you download the .chm version of the
php manual, great for easy searching and bookmarking pages etc.

http://uk2.php.net/distributions/manual/manual-en.chm

To answer your question, the first piece of code will be, replace:

$output = <<<EOQ
</form>
EOQ;

with

$output = print("</form>");

and the next replace:

$output = <<<EOQ
<input type="text" name="$name" value="$value" size="$size" $maxatt>
EOQ;

with

$output =print("<input type=\"text\" name=\"$name\" value=\"$value\"
size=\"$size\" $maxatt>");

When using the print statement you must remember to escape all " within the
parenthesis with \

 Paul