We're only running one database on the system. The sample databases that
come with the software are still on there, but they're not being used at
all - this system is still in the testing stage.  We're running an Athlon
1.2 GHz processor with 512 MB RAM.

"Gadam" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
001c01c170b4$266aeb50$0100a8c0@fintani">news:001c01c170b4$266aeb50$0100a8c0@fintani...
MS SQL has generally very slow performance and is consuming a lot of
system resources. Are you running any other databases on the SQL server,
apart from the one you are querying? Could it be that your system has
very small processing power? In any case, these possibilities wouldn't
justify suck a long delay, unless you SQL server is "overcrowded" with
other huge databases that you use...
George