I figured out what the problem was.  I'm behind a Linksys router. The IP
address put in the script was for what comes into the one port, which then
goes into the router. Instead of using that address I changed it to
127.0.0.1 since the script is on the db server.  Now everything works
extremely fast!  Thanks everyone for your help/suggestions!

"Michael Kroiss" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
We're running W2K, IIS 5, PHP 4, and SQL Server 2000 and performance seems
to be really slow.  We're using a simple connect PHP script to query a table
that has only 1 record in it, and it takes approximately 20 seconds to load.
This seems to be very slow.  Is this normal or does anyone have suggestions
how to speed things up?

Thanks!