The error indicates that the result resource is invalid.  The result
resource in your example is $rs.  Either this is not the variable that you
used when sending the query or something went wrong with the query.  You
should always add "or die(mysql_error) to the end of your mysql_query
statements, as it will give you a detailed message about what failed.

Fred