Is everyone ignoring me?? This is the third time I have asked for
assistance on this...

Is there an easy way (say using eregi_replace) to find a link reference
in a blob of text and add the <a href> anchor around it? Something like:

        "text has a link to a website at ..."

and converts it to
        "text has a link to a website at <a
href=''>website</a> ..."

My thoughts are that I should be able to do something like a
eregi_replace, finding any occurances of http:// and trapping all
non-space characters following it to convert to the anchor. But what
about multiples? How do I rebuild the text with the substitute strings?

Thanks in advance