I'm trying to delete rows from a database where the date is older then my
$expDate variable, but for some reason, no matter what I try and what
examples I use for help, I can't get this to work??? I first took the
$expDate string and set the var type to "integer". The datatype for the
"msgCreated" field is "int".

I first tried:
$sql = "DELETE * FROM Table WHERE msgCreated < '$expDate'";

and it didn't work so I then tried it without the single quotes:

$sql = "DELETE * FROM Table WHERE msgCreated < $expDate";

still, it didn't work. Am I missing something fundamental here? Is this one
of those RTFM questions?