You missed the first place you should have looked, the manual page on
the 'UPDATE' syntax:
http://www.mysql.com/doc/U/P/UPDATE.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Todd Williamsen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2001 4:06 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP-DB] Updating a record with math and division

That isn't the answer I was looking for...

Since you are so <sarcasm>nice</sarcasm> could you be so kind in point
me
where these golden docs are?  I looked all over php.net and mysql.com,
nada.... not only that the three books I have as well.  I am a newbie at
this, and do need a bit of hand holding thanks...

"Miles Thompson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> Read the docs for the database in question. They will tell you what is
and
is not allowed.