I can't for the love of god get neither ereg_replace nor str_replace
to work. I wan't to replace * with % so I can use SELECT ... WHERE
whatever LIKE "string%" in MySQL.
I've tried ereg_replace("*","%",$search_name). Didn't work.
I tried escaping the asterisk. I tried double-escaping the asterisk.
I tried str_replace("*","%",$search_name), and that didn't work
either. I tried just about everything I could think of, escaping, double-
escaping and triple-escaping ad nauseum, but it just wont work.
Oh, yes, I also tried $search_name=ereg_replace(blablabla);
What a surprise. It didn't work.
Yes, I've RTFM, RTMFM, read from my PHP Blackbook to phpbuilder.net
and just about everything in between.
Pretty soon I'll start bashing away on that Solaris 8 box over there.
Markus - frustrated
Linux-administrator with a kungfoo grip
Vaasa City Library - Regional Library
+358-6-325 3589 / +358-40-832 6709
PHP Database Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To contact the list administrators, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]