On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 11:11:25PM +0100, Andy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am searching for a good book on how to design a db for web apps.
> Normalisation rools, performance....just describing how to do it on a
> proffesional way.
>
> The second one, I am searching for is a book about SQL for MySQL. Any good
> books on the market?
>
> Thanx for the recommendation

I've got about four books on MySQL, including one on using MySQL for
web development, but the book I would recommend for both your needs is
'MySQL' by Paul DuBois. The book is a little out of date and you will
need to check the on line manual to see what has changed, especially
for SQL. But it covers the basics of SQL and performance better than
anything else. Almost all your beginning questions will be answered
there.

For a more advanced treatment of performance, Jeremy's book sounds
like the best bet, when it comes out.

Bob Hall
--
Know thyself? Absurd direction!
Bubbles bear no introspection.        -Khushhal Khan Khatak