I've been using the OCI8 extension and have a question about the Persistent
Connections.

While debugging the site, I will run into the following error (paraphrased):

BeginSession: too many processes running

etc...

I have my scripts setup in the following way:

<?php

OCIPLogon(...);

stuff

?>

I never do call OCILogOff(...) explicitly.  I may misunderstand, but I thought when a
call to a persistent connection is made, it will first look for an open session and
use it.
Otherwise, it creates a new one.  This correct?

What causes this "overload" of sorts?  Is it PHP or Apache?

Win2k
Apache 1.3.20
PHP 4.1.0

Thanks in advance for your help