From: Todd Williamsen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 12:43 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP-DB] 2 Questions... INSERT and searching records....

It seems that my insert statement doesn't want to cooperate..  I used the
same format as in Julie Meloni's book.  I know, sometimes, her code doesn't
always work either.

here it is:

$sql = "INSERT INTO Jobs (id, Industry, Other, JobTitle, Description,
Location, Date)
 VALUES
 (\"\",
 \"$id\", \"$Industry\", \"$Other\", \"$JobTitle\", \"$Description\",
\"$Location\", \"$Date\")";
 $result = @mysql_query($sql) or die("OOPS!!  Couldn't Execute Query!");
 ?>

its not the whole code block... it dies and executes the "OOPS!!  Couldn't
Execute Query!" statement.
what is wrong... anybody?  Bueller?