right ok yes I see, but surely thats
$querystr = "INSERT INTO mytable (name) VALUES(\"O'leary\") "  otherwise the
query string gets truncated by PHP at the values point???

My point simply is that he IS using single quotes (see below) and would
therefore suffer from this problem (hence the reason for suggesting such
additional functionality + consideration to validation of input).

> >  $stmt = "INSERT INTO $T1
> >          (
> >     belongs_to,
> >     name,
> >     caption,
> >     country,
> >     province,
> >     city,
> >     glacier,
> >     park,
> >     lake,
> >     mountain,
> >     beach,
> >     comment,
> >     keywords,
> >     date_taken,
> >     date_posted
> >     )
> >     VALUES
> >           (
> >     '$user_id',
> >     '$picture',
> >     '$caption',
> >     '$country',
> >     '$province',
> >     '$city',
> >     '$glacier',
> >     '$park',
> >       '$lake',
> >       '$mountain',
> >       '$beach',
> >     '$comment',
> >       '$keyword',
> >       '$date_taken',
> >       '$date_posted'
> >     )";

But I don't want to piss you off and as you will undoubtable have more mysql
experience than me so please don't take this as some kind of points scoring
exercise / competition - I was just suggesting some additional features he
might want to consider at the same point.

Ollie

"Rick Emery" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
> It won't fail if it is enclosed in double-quotes.  That is:
>
> INSERT INTO mytable (name) VALUES("O'leary")
>
> is OK.

SQL