sorry if this is painfully obvious but I can't seem to
figure it out...It seems to me (unless I am reading it
waay wrong) that the mysql DELETE command does NOT
allow you to refer to columns from other tables!

I have identified certain records to be deleted from 3
tables and created a temp table to hold the item_id's
to look up and delete...BUT HOW?! Ideally it would be:

DELETE FROM prod, prod_price, prod_cat
WHERE temp.prod_id = prod.prod_id
AND temp.prod_id = prod_price.prod_id
AND temp.prod_id = prod_cat.prod_id