Maybe my example attempt is misguided but the idea is
to look up the prod_id from temp to know which records
to delete in the prod, prod_price, prod_cat tables,
all having the prod_id field as a link...just like you
can do in a SELECT statement:
select p.product_id, p.product_price
from product_price as p, temp as t
where t.product_id = p.product_id

Let me know if what I am asking is unclear.

--- Rick Emery <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You cannot refer to other tables.  Which row in temp
> would MYSQL know to
> refer to test the WHERE clause?  That is, if temp
> has multiple rows, which
> row in temp would MYSQL check against to determine
> prod_id?

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

=====