I'm trying to write a script that checks for multiple entries on a table in a
database.  So far I've been plagued by MySQL errors.  I'm fairly confident my
scripting is ok (Then again, I've been wrong before.)  I think moreover there might be
some difficulty with my theory.  Then again, I could try and do this with MySQL join
statements.  Any feedback would be appreciated.

$sqlquery = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM local_shows");

while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($sqlquery)) {

$newquery = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM local_shows WHERE show_date='$row[show_date]'
AND venue='$row[venue]'");

while ($row2 = mysql_fetch_array($newquery)) {

$num_rows = mysql_num_rows($row2);

if ($num_rows>1) {

 print "etc etc"  (Do things with my $row2 data)

I get loads of:

  Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in
/home/ufr2/underfoot-www/admin/dupeshows.html on line 51

Can you not reselect in another while while selecting?  Does that make any sense to
anyone but me?  I shouldent have to open another DB connection?

Anyhow... your I would appreciate any help.

-Jonathan