From: Jonathan Underfoot [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2002 7:43 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP-DB] MySQL / PHP Database Help

I'm trying to write a script that checks for multiple entries on a table in
a database.  So far I've been plagued by MySQL errors.  I'm fairly confident
my scripting is ok (Then again, I've been wrong before.)  I think moreover
there might be some difficulty with my theory.  Then again, I could try and
do this with MySQL join statements.  Any feedback would be appreciated.

$sqlquery = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM local_shows");

while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($sqlquery)) {

$newquery = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM local_shows WHERE
show_date='$row[show_date]' AND venue='$row[venue]'");

while ($row2 = mysql_fetch_array($newquery)) {

$num_rows = mysql_num_rows($row2);

if ($num_rows>1) {

 print "etc etc"  (Do things with my $row2 data)

I get loads of:

  Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in
/home/ufr2/underfoot-www/admin/dupeshows.html on line 51

Can you not reselect in another while while selecting?  Does that make any
sense to anyone but me?  I shouldent have to open another DB connection?

Anyhow... your I would appreciate any help.

-Jonathan