Hi wonder if anyone knows what I am doing wrong here.

I have a drop down selection menu that is generated from a mysql database. In the
database we have over 15 fields one of them contains text for the catergory that the
entry belongs to. I have used the following code to generate my drop down menu but
when i view it in the browser the drop down menu has not listed the categories instead
we have blank entries for each selection.

<? mysql_connect("localhost","user","password");
    mysql_select_db("database");
    $sql = "select distinct category from books ORDER BY category ASC";
    $makes_result = mysql_query($sql);
    print ("<select name=\"category\">\n");
    print("<option selected value=\"\">Please select a Category</option>\n");
    while($row = mysql_fetch_row($makes_result))
    {
    print("<option value=\"$row[1]\">$row[1]</option>\n");
    }
    print("</select>"); ?>

Thanks for the help.

Barry