For a commercial PHP library for building applications, have a look at
phpLens at This was developed by our company, and we have used
it develop some pretty big applications (100 company extranet for example).

There are other libraries available, some free. I like to search

Regards, John

Pagin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I am absolutly new to PHP and PostgreSQL. So far I developed production
> database apps for managing production in production comapny(using Clipper
> and DBF files). Now my boss has got idea to try using PHP and PostgreSQL
> create another production apps. These apps should run localy in company,
> collect all infos from production (time, quantity, persons, machines,
> production steps, parts, material and so on). Later these infos lets us
> build statistics, production plans, control people, calculate prices.
> And my general question is: can I develop complicated database apps for
> production company using PHP and PostgreSQL?
> How complicated screens can I build.?
> What about designing complex printings?
> Are there any additionall PHP libraries for building menus, screen
> (buttons, radiobuttons, checkboxes, dropdownlists, window tabs and so on),
> designing printing reports, handling bar codes and handy scanners,
> charts on screen, any other?
> what PHP language or PostgreSQL limitation can I face?
> Apps I developed so far has got about 25.000 code lines and uses about 100
> releted tables
> Thanks a lot for your replays.
> Wojtek

PHP Database Mailing List (