Hi All,   I'm pretty new at this, so go easy on me please ;-)

What is wrong w/ this syntax?  If the search results are 0, it just displays
a blank screen instead of echoing the error message if numresults ==0 or the
mysql_error message.  If data is found, everything is fine.  Thanks in
advance for your help!

if($searchterm){
$query = "select directory.realname, directory.phone, directory.ext,
directory.phone2, directory.email, directory.location from directory where
realname like '%".$searchterm."%'" or die (mysql_error());
}
elseif($location){
$query = "select directory.realname, directory.phone, directory.ext,
directory.phone2, directory.email, directory.location from directory where
location like '%".$location."%'" or die (mysql_error());
}
else{
$query = "select directory.realname, directory.phone, directory.ext,
directory.phone2, directory.email, directory.location from directory where
location like '%".$searchloc."%'" or die (mysql_error());
}

$result = mysql_query($query) or die (mysql_error());
$num_results = mysql_num_rows($result)or die (mysql_error());;

 if($num_results==0){
 echo "Sorry, nothing matched your search request.  Please go back and try
again.";
 }

 else {
 echo "<p><span class=stdtext_bold>Number of Entries Found:
".$num_results."</p></span>";