--with-mysql=shared/usr  is listed in teh configure command.

you can see @  www.flost.net/info.php

Thank You

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Daniel Negrón
Lotus Notes Administrator / Developer
KB Electronics, Inc.
954.346.4900x122
http://www.kbelectronics.com

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

                    David Robley

                    <robleyd@paradi       To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    se.net.nz>            cc:

                                          Subject:     [PHP] Re: cannot load mysql
extension, php config ???
                    04/17/2002

                    01:05 AM

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] says...
> Hi,
>
> Hope in the right place ?  Just finished loading RH7.2 Apache 1.3.23, M=
> ySQL
> 3.23.49a, and PHP 4.1.2  I have gotten this to work properly on W2K, II=
> S4 &
> 5 with no problems.  To start off ...  all of these are working properl=
> individually.  PHP works fine on Apache MySQL works fine by itself, and=
>
> Apache is serving HTML and PHP pages with no Problems.  But the problem=
>
> lies with PHP accessing MySQL.  I keep getting an error can not load my=
> sql
> extension, please check php.ini.
>
> I have checked and double checked the php.ini setting, and it reference=
> s no
> module needs to be loaded with this version because it is Mysql support=
>  is
> built in.
>
> All of the settings of the db's are identical as far as users and passw=
> ds.
>
> anyone ever get this....
>
> I would greatly appreciate your response.

Does the php have mysql support compiled in? Put phpinfo() in a script on
its own and check the output.

--
David Robley
Temporary Kiwi!