"Ciprian Trofin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> price of the stock on a daily basis. My friend checks the Bucharest Stock
> Exchange page, or other relevant page, and updates the price of the stock,
for
> future reference.
>         I think there is a easier way, that is making a script to load the
> remote web page containing the updated stock price.

You need to look at the curl extension.

// get the page...
$ch = curl_init("http://url/path.html";);
curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
$pg = curl_exec ($ch);
curl_close ($ch);

// $pg now contains the source for the page

Then you need to examine the contents of $pg and
look for ways to grab the values you need out of the
string with the ereg* or preg* functions.