i cannot get this to work.
seems there's no way binding an array directly,
at least if it's of such an object type. If anyone knows a
way, i'd appreciate any advice.
But I found a solution:

$query = "declare
                    my_array Test_Pkg.test_array_type;
                begin";

and then i loop through my php array, extending the $query string which sets
elements for my_array in the sql.
when i execute this, it works properly.

Regards Michael