make sure that there is no character anywhere before session_start().
this also includes whitspaces.
so check you're files, if there are whitspaces before the <?php
or if there's any include file included before the session_start,
which has whitspaces before the <?php or after the ?>.
of course you also cannot send any other characters or html to the browser
before session_start is called. A workaround could be done using output
buffering.

Regards Michael