How would one go about registering a session if you were to create
the session based on the users ID and NAME from the database.

I have the users ID and NAME already being pulled from the database
and being stored in variables named $id and $name.

I have latest version of PHP so I think I need to use the $_SESSION[]
instead of session_register.

I am also using the session_encode function to echo out the session that
is currently being stored. What I am trying to store and what I am
actually seeing printed to the page is entirly different.

        if (mysql_num_rows($sql_result) == 1)
        list($id, $name) = mysql_fetch_row($sql_result);
        $SESSION_ID = $id;
        $SESSION_NAME = $name;

Should you have any questions, comments or concerns, feel free to call
me at 318-338-2033.

Thank you for your time,

Wade Kelley, Design Engineer
Bayou Internet...(888) 30-BAYOU...
Mississippi Internet...(800) MISSISSIPPI...
Vicksburg Online...(800) MISSISSIPPI...

PHP Database Mailing List (
To unsubscribe, visit: