Jas (and anyone else) -

With all due respect, you're acting like a troll.  Posting a question,
getting MANY correct answers, then reposting the question and bitching
about not understanding the answers, well, that's troll-like.

Granted, many responses on this list over the past while have been
sarcastic, but usually also have the answer in them.  The tone comes
from people asking the questions not doing their own homework.

e.g. http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Mailing lists such as this one are not intended to give people
verbatim answers to their problems, such as "I have to write an
application for my university class, please do it for me" and the
like.  Instead, these lists will help those who attempt to help
themselves.

The fact of the matter is, RTFM is the right answer.  The very
simplistic method of reading the results of a MySQL query are right
there in the manual, in the MySQL query functions section.  Also,
they're in zillions of tutorials, any basic book on PHP, and so on.

In short:

1) connect to db server -- mysql_connect()
2) select db -- mysql_select_db()
3) issue query -- mysql_query()
4) from there you get a result identifier.  You feed that into
mysql_result() or mysql_fetch_array() or mysql_fetch_row()

Read the manual for the differences -- including examples.

You say:
J> rest of us we rely on examples, etc to get it done.

They ARE in the manual, which is pretty much the best manual out there
for just about anything.

Good luck,
- Julie

--> Julie Meloni
--> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--> www.thickbook.com

Find "Sams Teach Yourself MySQL in 24 Hours" at
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0672323494/thickbookcom-20