on 6/6/02 4:36 PM, Garrett Nelson at [EMAIL PROTECTED] appended the
following bits to my mbox:

> What needs to be configured? I was under the impression that MySQL support
> was built into PHP now and that it needs no extension. I downloaded the RPM
> of PHP 4.1.2 (the latest PPC RPM available at rpmfind) and it told me it was
> already installed. I then installed MySQL 3.23.41 to no effect.

Well, the MySQL library comes bundled with PHP, but to actually build in
support, you need to configure it with --with-MySQL.

I'm not a big RPM guy, but you should probably look for an RPM for PHP that
mentions MySQL as well.

HTH.

Sincerely,

Paul Burney
<http://paulburney.com/>

<?php

// the statement formerly known as prince
if ($the_elevator == 'tries to bring you down') {
    go_crazy('punch a higher floor');
}

?>