When I try to connect to mysql on a linux server It gives me the following message:

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in
/home/web/media/conection.inc on line 2"

It seems there is a problem in the php configuration, however I am not an expert so
need help to fix this.

I have another server Linux where there is no problem conecting. I have checked the
php.inf  file in both of the servers and they are exactly the same. However when I
call a page with the phpinfo() function, in the server with the mysql_connect()
problem I willl not retrieve the Mysql Information that I retrieve in the correct
server, that is:

      MySQL Support enabled
      Active Persistent Links 0
      Active Links 0