Hi there,

I am wondering if anybody has experiance in saving images to blob in mysql.

I do save images with 1 K and 4 KB to blob fields while I used to save them
to file. It seams to me that this is much slower accessing the files. The
images take a bit (really short but absolutly noticable) to show up on the
site. Is there a way to improve the performance, and why is this happening?
I thought the performance might even boost after storing them to blobs.

Thank you for any comments on that,

Andy

PS: I was planing to store all the other images (20 - 50 KB) to blobs as
well (thousands) but after this first experiance I am a bit confused if the
performance would even more suffer. Would you guys recommend this?