On Sat, 10 Aug 2002 17:41:56 +0200
"andy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > Hi there,
> > >
> > > I am searching for the best way to store true or false inside
> > > a MySQL DB. With best I mean the most data efficient way and
> > > in the same time the best for fast searching later on the
> > > table to find all which are false, or true. I think I did read
> > > something about a way to do this with ENUM, but cant remember
> > > where and how, all tryes did not succeeed so far.
> > >
> > > Thanx for any help on that.
> > >
> > > Andy
> >
> > How about as a "tinyint" ... 0/1
> >
> > --
> > Raquel
>
> hmm.. thats how I am doing it right now. There might be a better
> way?!

I've never used ENUM, so take what I say with a grain of salt.  It
appears to me that if you use "true" or "false" as your ENUM values,
those values are stored as strings.  In PHP you would then have to
do string comparisons rather that
"if ($a) {
        do this;
}"

Perhaps it depends upon how you use it ... what you do with it?

--
Raquel