Hello,

> I know its a little late, but I have only just been pointed to your
> posting, I would guess the error you are getting "database not found" is
> coming from the sybase driver, not the driver manager.

I solved the problem a week ago. It was just when I wanted to try iODBC
when I saw some putenv()-lines in the examples. I put the appropriate
lines in my php-script and then it worked. What I don't unterstand is:
When I'm running isql in the shell I can connect to the
remote-ressource. When I start apache in the same shell I can't connect
through PHP, I first have to set the ODBCINSTINI and ODBCINI
env-variables. Why don't I need them in the shell?

Regards
Marten

--
Variomedia IT-Service GmbH | Benzstrasse 22 | 14482 Potsdam
http://www.variomedia.de | Hotline: 0800-5588550 | Fax: 0331-7404043