Hi

try echoing the actual query, after the variables have been converted to
values

   $qtrans = "insert into $tbltrans
                                values('0', 'daily', '$building',
'$itemchoice',
 '0', '$count', '0', '$ddate', '$cat')";

echo $qtrans ;

and see if a comma or quote mark is in the wrong place.

HTH

Peter

Excellence in internet and open source software
Sunmaia
www.sunmaia.net
tel. 0121-242-1473