Thanks John!
Say, are there any arguments not to use MS-SQL?
Did you run into any problems?

-----Original Message-----
From: Negretti, John (CCI-San Diego) [mailto:John.Negretti@;]
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2002 3:14 PM
Subject: RE: [PHP-DB] PHP and MS-SQL

        Well, I'm not sure what everyone will tell you, but this is what I did.  I
used "MyODBC" (on windows) to connect to SQL Server using the built-in "odbc_***()"
PHP functions.  There is also the matter of changing your SQL Statements to be
compatible with SQL Server.  MySQL and SQL Server have quite a few differences with
SQL Statements.  As far as the rest of your code, it should not matter if it's on UNIX
or Windows.

John Negretti
Web Applications Developer
Cox Communications