Can you not filter the checkboxes by name? Just add one more condition
to the if statement:

if (el.type == 'checkbox' && el.checked && el.name !=
'theothercheckbox')

etc.

Marco
--
------------
php|architect - The magazine for PHP Professionals

Come visit us at http://www.phparch.com!

--- Begin Message ---
Sorry for the OT post y'all.. but I can't find this answer - well not
without major major code information that I can't figure out!

Basic?

I have a series of checkbox arrays like:

<input type="checkbox" name="delete[]" value="$row[id]">

These are for different records in my DB.

Now... I want to check (javascript - this is the off topic part :P) if
one of them checkboxes HAS been selected and if so display a confirm
message.

This is what I have:

function checkform(f) {

  var el, e = 0, firstBox, msg = 'You are about to delete something';

  while (el = f.elements[e++])

   if (el.type == 'checkbox' && el.checked) {
    return confirm(msg);
    return false;
   }

  return true;

 }

Now... this DOES work but with one problem.. I have another checkbox
within the form that does something different but the confirm() will
display if EITHER checkboxes are selected and it SHOULD ONLY be on the
delete[] checkbox.

I know.. waaay off topic but I don't know how to reference the names
that are arrays in javascript :(

Sorry again all.

Aaron
--- End Message ---