Hi,

Since i dont know any mysql group, i will try here - it is anyway related to
php.
When i want to make php/mysql application i have mysql on the server and i
connect to it with mysql_pconnect("localhost","root","") and it works.
I assume that any user or hacker could connect to mysql database like this.
So, i want to create my database and i want to limit access to this database
for some usernames and passwords. I know MSSQL or Interbase can do it - but
how i do this in mysql.
If this is offtopic can someone point me to any mysql newsgroup.

Other question is: if i need to make application which uses credit cards,
how can i increase security for it. I have heard about https protocol, but
dont know much about it. Any link would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Radovan