On Monday 25 November 2002 18:03, Lisi wrote:
> OK, then I'll throw this back to the list - any other ideas how I can get
> to their data without compromising their DB? I thought maybe about asking
> them to set up a separate DB with just the table I need, and sync it to
> those table in their main db, but it has to be a solution that involves the
> least amount of work on their end or it won't happen.

To minimise any potential damage, ask them to give you a (mysql) user which
only has select privileges on just the tables you need. That way even if
others do get your user/pass they can only look but not touch. To tighten
things further you can ask them to allow access only from _your_ host.

/*
When some people decide it's time for everyone to make big changes,
it means that they want you to change first.
*/